- One (1) injury reported. A fall from a ladder.
- National Weather Service representatives are in county surveying the damage.
- Power outages are improving.
- The Grace Chapel Road is closed now from North Lakes Academy up to Musket Drive. The closure is to allow power crews to continue their repair work.
- Damage Assessment Teams are wrapping up today’s work. They will be back out tomorrow. Numbers will rise again tomorrow.
- Results so far are: (numbers do not include town of Granite Falls, Rhodhiss or Bethlehem numbers)
- 517 homes damaged in the Grace Chapel Road area
- 42 homes with major damage
- 1 home destroyed
- Towns of Granite Falls, Rhodhiss and Bethlehem are handling their own power outages and debris clean up.
- South Caldwell High School shelter is now closed.
- Multiple agencies assisting residents with clean up. NC Baptist Men, Caldwell County CERT and REACT, the Methodist Disaster Relief and the American Red Cross.
Agencies represented today are: Caldwell County - Emergency Services, EMS, Fire Marshal, 911 Communications, Sheriff's Office, Healh Department, DSS, Inspections Department, Water Department, Public Information and Administration; Fire Departments - Grace Chapel, Little River, Sawmills, North Catawba, Hudson, Gamewell and Bethlehem. Also assisting: NCSHP; NCDOT; NCSBI; NCFS. Blue Ridge Energy; Duke Energy; Caldwell County Amateur Radio and Lenoir Amateur Radio.
# # #