The Caldwell County Fire Marshal’s office has determined that a warehouse fire at Cajahs Machine and Flexible Products, LLC, this morning was accidental.
Kevin Brown, Caldwell County Fire Marshal, says the fire started in a grinding machine in which static electricity created a flash fire which ignited materials nearby.
The business is located at 3325 Carlton MHP Drive in Lenoir. The fire was called in just after 8:30 a.m. today and employees attempted to put out the fire themselves but were unable to. No one was injured.
Brown estimated damages at around $150,000 to the building and machinery.
For more information, contact Caldwell County Public Information Officer LouAnne Kincaid at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-759-7879.
# # #