The Caldwell County Fire Marshal’s office has determined that a fire this morning that destroyed a home on Clarks Chapel Road was accidental and started in a chimney.
According to Kevin Brown, Caldwell County Fire Marshal, the call came in around 9:20 a.m. reporting a house fire at 2070 Clarks Chapel Road in Lenoir.
The owners of the home, Kenny and Audrey Crane, were home at the time and reported seeing flames coming from around the chimney in their attic. The family was able to escape without injury.
Brown says the home, an older wood frame home, was destroyed in the fire.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family with their needs.
Responding in addition to the Fire Marshal’s office were North Catawba Fire-Rescue and the Gamewell, Hudson and Lenoir Fire Departments.