Caldwell County Environmental Health Specialists provide programs directed to protect and promote the health and well-being of all citizens through environmental management.
Caldwell County Environmental Health
2345 Morganton Blvd SW
Lenoir, NC 28645
Some of the services provided by Environmental Health are:
- Sewage Disposal Systems – site evaluations for septic tank systems both conventional as well as alternate systems; design and inspect repairs on existing/failing systems; investigate public complaints and provide educational and consultative services.
- Water Testing – samples are taken in accordance with current standard methods of the State of NC Dept. of Environment, Health and Natural Resources. Types of test available for a minimal charge are: inorganic, bacterial, pesticides, petroleum, fluoride and nitrate.
- Public Swimming Pools – conduct inspections of public swimming pools for the purpose of issuing or renewing an operation permit. Follow-up inspections are made as time permits.
- Wells – When drilling a well our sanitarians inspect the grout, the wellhead, and take water samples to ensure safe drinking water.
- Tattoos – conduct inspection of tattoo parlors and artists for the purpose of issuing or renewing operation permit.
- Food, Lodging and Institutional Services – responsible for preventing the spread of food borne diseases. Unannounced inspections and grading of the following facilities are conducted on a regular basis:
Hospitals and Nursing Homes
Day Care Centers
Important Food Service Documents:
2-201.11 / 2-201.12 Decision Tree 1. When to Exclude or Restrict a Food Employee Who Reports a Symptom and When to Exclude a Food Employee Who Reports a Diagnosis with Symptoms Under the Food Code: Open Decision Tree 1
2-201.11 / 2-201.12 Decision Tree 2. When to Exclude or Restrict a Food Employee Who is Asymptomatic and Reports a Listed Diagnosis and When to Restrict a Food Employee Who Reports a Listed Exposure Under the Food Code: Open Decision Tree 2
2-201.12 Table 1a: Summary of Requirements for Symptomatic Food Employees: Open Table 1a
2-201.12 Table 1b: Summary of Requirements for Diagnosed, Symptomatic Food Employees: Open Table 1b
2-201.12 Table 2: Summary of Requirements for Diagnosed Food Employees with Resolved Symptoms: Open Table 2
2-201.12 Table 3: Summary of Requirements for Diagnosed Food Employees Who Never Develop Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Open Table 3
2-201.12 Table 4: History of Exposure, and Absent Symptoms or Diagnosis: Open Table 4