The young adult must be placed in an eligible setting, which is defined as a family foster home, group home facility, college or university, dormitory, or semi-supervised independent living arrangement (the young adult must not be placed in a locked detention facility).
County Oversight of Placement
Ongoing casework is required for young adults receiving Foster Care 18 to 21 services. County child welfare agencies must make reasonable efforts to implement services and supports for independent living which include:
- Development and maintenance of individualized Transitional Living Plan
- Development of a Transition Plan 90 days prior to the young adult's 21st birthday exit from care
- Monthly contacts with young adult, including quarterly in-home assessments
- Case review meetings to provide support to the young adult in developing and achieving goals
- Regular reviews and verification of eligibility conditions; and
- Yearly credit checks.