How do I get a warrant if my abuser hits me?

If your spouse, partner, child, boyfriend, girlfriend has pushed, hit, slapped, held you down, pinched, kicked, or choked you, then an assault has occurred under the law.  That person should not be allowed to get away with that kind of destructive behavior.  If you choose, go to the Magistrate’s Office, swear to a warrant for that person’s arrest, and if the Magistrate finds probable cause exists and issues a warrant, the defendant / suspect will be arrested.  You will then have a court date to appear and tell exactly what happened.

Show All Answers

1. What is domestic violence?
2. How do I get help?
3. Are there resources available to me?
4. How do I get a Protective (Restraining) Order?
5. How much does a Protective Order Cost?
6. What do I do if someone violates my order?
7. How do I get a warrant if my abuser hits me?
8. How do I get notified if my abuser is getting out of jail?
9. What is the 48 Hour Hold?