Two assessment task force teams have completed their walk through and assessment of the Cedar Rock and Mt. Herman Road areas of Caldwell County to determine damages from Tropical Storm Nate. Their findings:
- There are 96 homes damaged from the storm.
- Six homes are completely destroyed.
- 11 homes have major damage.
- There are no injuries reported.
- On the Mt. Herman Road, just about every home has sustained some level of damage.
The Caldwell County Sheriff’s office is advising residents in the area to be careful about businesses and/or individuals coming to their homes and offering to do repairs. Per Sheriff Alan Jones, “Always make sure that any of the repairmen has proof of being bonded and insured. And never pay anyone up front. Always get the repairs completed before you pay.” The Caldwell County Sheriff’s office says the aftermath of events like this are always the times when scammers come out in force trying to take advantage.