The Office of the Sheriff exists to serve the community. The protection of people and their property is our primary responsibility. Honor, Courage, Commitment, Leadership and Teamwork shall be the core values employed as we serve the citizens of Caldwell County.
In an unpredictable and constantly changing world, where communities and families expect safety and security, we must continually strive to be a premier Law Enforcement Agency recognized for our responsiveness and integrity.
Exhibiting dynamic leadership, pride, and professionalism, we will attract and develop the finest professionals, committed to multidimensional police services and sincere community partnerships tailored to maintain a decisive advantage over the criminal element.
Core Values Contract
We are dedicated to the core values of Honor, Courage, Commitment, Leadership, and Teamwork. We believe these values are necessary to build a foundation of trust and guidance upon which our strength is based and our success is achieved. These principles shall guide our employees daily, encouraging each of us to "Do the Right Thing". Every member of our organization must understand and live by these core values.
We will be accountable for our professional and personal behavior. We will always be mindful of the privilege we have to serve the citizens of this county.
- Abide by an uncompromising code of integrity, taking full responsibility for our actions and keeping our word.
- Conduct ourselves in the highest ethical and professional manner in relationships with senior staff, peers, and subordinates.
Courage is the value that gives departmental members the moral and mental strength to do what is right with confidence and resolution, even in the face of temptation or adversity.
- Have the courage to meet the demands of our profession and the mission entrusted to departmental members.
- Make decisions and act in the best interest of the Office of the Sheriff
- and the citizens of the county, without regard to undue personal consequences.
- Overcome all challenges while adhering to the highest standards of personal conduct and decency.
The day-to-day duty of every man and woman in the Office of the Sheriff is to consistently strive for improvements in the quality of our work, and our members.
- Care for the professional, personal and spiritual well-being of our departmental members.
- Encourage and foster new ideas.
- Show respect toward all people, without regard to race, religion, or gender.
Leadership is the tool that provides the Office of the Sheriff with the ability to create alliances and partnerships, focus on our citizens, and plan for long-range perspectives.
- Demonstrate a passion for our profession and set a standard for others to emulate.
- Take reasonable and calculated risks, and use innovative and creative approaches to problem-solving.
Teamwork fosters cooperation and creates and reinforces a positive work culture. It serves to establish and develop a "Win-Win" philosophy.
- Provide opportunities and flexibility to explore new ideas and strategies.
- Communicate in an open, empathic, and problem-solving manner.